How can you send bank payments through QuickBooks online to pay a vendor?
For making a payment to the vendor through QuickBooks online, you will have to follow the steps shared below:
- Step 1: Log in to QuickBooks Online
- Step 2: Select Bill to pay online widget option from the dashboard\
- Step 3: Now, click on ‘Make a payment.’
- Step 4: Enter the payment information of the vendor
- Step 5: Select the method of delivery
- Step 6: If it is bank transfer, fill the bank account details of the vendor
- Step 7: Click on ‘Review and Submit.’
If you follow the steps correctly, you would be able to make a payment through QuickBooks online. In case of difficulty, contact QuickBooks customer care and get help from experts.
Read more – quickbooks technical support
When setting up bank transfers with your vendor, there are a few things to know:
- You can only set up bank transfers with a vendor through a private bank add.
- We’ll initiate a small test deposit of a penny into your vendor’s bank account. This is done to verify the bank account can receive payments. (Note: If the test deposit is not successful, the bank account entry will be invalidated. A new bank account entry will need to be made for the vendor.)
- After manually adding a vendor’s bank account, the earliest process date that can be selected is 2 business days after the bank account was added. This is to ensure the test deposit is successful. (Note: A federal holiday will add one additional day to processing.)
- If the test deposit is not successful and the bank account is invalidated, the payment will still process. The payment will go out as a check payment.
- If a payment needs to be made immediately, schedule a check payment before adding the vendor’s bank account.